AWAKE THE OLD YOU TO FIND YOUR FUTURE SELF

LOOKING BACK FOR MOTIVATION MAKES YOU LOOK FORWARD TO THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE IN FUTURE


Most people in my world have stopped dreaming and trying to be themselves. They have become what they have never dreamed of and told themselves that they do not have a choice but to live the life that life chooses for them. I say we always have a choice for the kind of people we want to be, it doesn't matter the circumstances we face in life. We only have to believe in ourselves and work towards being who we want to be.


Do you know that you grow up with big ideas and dreams for yourself? But you let the things that surround you destroy them because you never asked yourself "what is the solution?" Instead, you pointed out all the negative that will prohibit you from turning your ideas and dreams into reality." I can't get a man who will marry me because I already have kids with another man who left me." Haven't you thought of showing love to a man who shows interest in you despite the fact that you are a mother? "I can't open a business because I do not have starting capital." Have you thought of searching for ways to make money without having a starting capital in order to save for the business you are passionate about?" When I talk of negativity, I talk of not thinking of a solution but coming up with a problem.


You are bigger and better than your problems that is why you have to start by going back to the young, handsome/beautiful boy/girl you were year back and ask him/her what she wanted for his/her future self. I had the biggest dream that on my career I would be a Psychologist one day but there was a little voice that said you can be anything you want if you put your mind and heart to it. As I grow older and my personality & character being built by many things in life, I realized that I can get a qualification for another different career but be the Psychologist with no qualification but with passion & consideration of people around me.


Some of you had a dairy in which they wrote what they believe they are and what they want to be but took them away from themselves and never let them be a reminder of their everyday life of who they want to be. Can you give yourself time to think about the little, innocent and passionate person who wanted big and better things in life and visualize the future person you wanted to be when you were young? Ask yourself what have I done so far to bring out the man/ woman in me that nobody else knows? Life has its own way of humbling us but it doesn't mean you should stop dreaming of the future you and bring that person to your real world.


You can choose to be a better and greater version of yourself or be what you have always dreamed of even if it takes to many years to be that person. The aim is to find the real and better you then to give up on the special person you are.

GO BACK TO GO FORWARD!


#YOUNG ME- Psychologist, Pilot & Book writer
#OLD ME-Conveyancing Secretary, Entrepreneur & Other titles to come.


Kindly share the young you and old you even if you haven't been what the old you want to be.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TALKING HEALS THE DEEPEST WOUNDS

FORGIVENESS

PROVE A POINT ON THINGS THAT BUILD THE FUTURE NOT DESTROY IT