FORGIVENESS

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TRAVELING THIS ROAD?

Forgiveness is the longest journey any human being can travel in their lifetime. It is easy for people to ask for forgiveness but the person who has to forgive them finds it very hard to forgive because what has been done or not done to him/her doesn't get off his memory as as as the words said by the person who is asking for forgiveness.

There are times where we hurt people unintentionally and when we ask for forgiveness we also take it lightly in the same way we hurt them. You would hear the person say "SORRY KE." That would just add up to the unforgiving heart to not forgive you even further.

In life, there are situations that are way too deep that you even forget the definition of forgiveness & what the bible says about forgiveness. I met a woman who recently lost her daughter through a car accident and when I asked her how she was doing and how have things been and how is the court case going? She smiled and said "All is well because I "forgave" the person who took my daughter's life." I looked at her with my eyes filled with tears and asked how can she say she is well because she has lost the biggest part of her life that made her happy and have a reason to live? "Thando, there is a time for everything in life and if you do not accept that it is the time for that certain thing in your life, you will never be at peace. It was the time for my daughter to leave this earth and it was my time of grief. I had to deal with too many things at once, the sudden death of my daughter, funeral preparation, people's views on making sure the person who killed her rotten in jail & going back to work and face rude people who don't know how my world was turned upside down by the death of my daughter."

"I cried, I prayed and I meditated over one thing that made me feel like there is a stone placed on my chest that made me not to be able to breathe and feel like a normal human being." "TO FORGIVE & LET GO." "I had to forgive the person who caused the death of my daughter because not forgiving has just made me depressed and feel like I am caring a huge bag full of hatred."

This took me back to the longest journey of forgiveness I have been struggling with since I was young and even today I am still traveling it because the person who has hurt me to the core has never, not even once in his life has thought of asking for forgiveness and he would never do it!  It has been a burden in my life that even when I see him or you mention his name it just triggers the anger and hurt that I feel. I have always wanted people to understand how I feel and they should let me express how I feel because I believed that it was better for me to show how I truly feel then hide it. I always said, at least I am honest about how I feel and I never pretend to be happy while I am angry.

It reminded me that I do not need him to ask for forgiveness because I am the one who is angered when I think of things I've went through, I am the one who cries when I feel wronged, I am the one who chops people's heads off when they try to justify his actions. I am the one who is TRAVELING THE LONGEST ROAD OF FORGIVENESS ALONE. I always ask God to forgive my trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us but there is one person I have never been able to forgive.

I say forgiveness is the longest journey because the things you have to forgive the person for do come back to your mind and heart to remind you that this has happened to you, do you want it to happen again? It is long because of the emotions, memories and how we want the situation to be handled.

You should forgive yourself for not forgiving the next person before you forgive the next person. Cut the journey short by forgiving them before they even ask for forgiveness because others will never ask for forgiveness and you will travel this dark road alone for years without hearing "PLEASE FORGIVE ME OR I AM SORRY."



Comments

This was very interesting to read. I've definitely learnt something from this post.
justbabies said…
I am touched by your introduction that unforgiveness is a long journey; it is quite affirmative the moment you even asked in your article on how long someone has been on this journey.

As a teacher of the word, I have long discovered that keeping unforgiveness in one's life even triggers chronic diseases. The word of God i.e. the scriptures has proof to back it up.

Thanks for sharing this important topic.

And by the way, I also blog on my new site, Mamzansi. It is a blog focused on showing and teaching people everything about South Africa.

Cheers

Popular posts from this blog

TALKING HEALS THE DEEPEST WOUNDS

PROVE A POINT ON THINGS THAT BUILD THE FUTURE NOT DESTROY IT